Sunday, October 24, 2010

Afton Sunday

The storms last night did not prevent us from running / birding at Afton SP today. The parking lot was pretty empty this morning and we were out for a couple of hours - until I realized I lost my phone out there. I retraced my steps for quite a while but did not find it. Maybe tomorrow?

We did get to talk to John Taylor for a little while, he helped look for the phone and it was great hearing about his upcoming events. What an athlete !

By the time we got back to the car, we had done about 4 hours instead of the planned 2. Oh well, it's good for us, right?  So if anyone sees a cell phone out on the trail, please turn it into the park ranger. Thanks !

Before the phone was lost, I enjoyed the Golden-crowned Kinglets, American Robins, Bluebirds, Yellow-rumped Warbler, Cedar Waxwings, Downy Woodpeckers, Hairy Woodpeckers, Red-bellied Woodpeckers, Black-capped Chickadees, American Crows, Purple Finches, White-breasted Nuthatch, Brown Creeper.