Thursday, March 25, 2010

Migrating Raptors


The warm weather was wonderful yesterday. Watched the crows in the yard. They seemed to be gathering materials for a nest. We had a pair last year but didn't get to observe them raising their young because it was well hidden in the tree tops.


As I watched the crow, an eagle flew by. And then another and another. Plus a pair of acrobats that I can't identify.

At the WRC last night we were a little short handed but got it all done. I was lucky person who fed both of the muskrats. One was doing very well, she quickly ate all of the lettuce and veggies and minnows I gave her. The other one was pretty quiet.

The surprise of the evening was the tree frog. We were almost done and he started singing. I've heard them many times but this was the first time I got to actually watch one belt out the song. Wow.