Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Spring Day 03/30/2010

The door is open with a warm breeze blowing in. The thermometer say 73 but I know its not THAT warm. I can hear lots of birds singing.

Went running today. The weather was great, the trails were good, Marilyn and Gloria were good company. I didn't run yesterday but my legs were tired today anyway and I don't know why.

Today's birds at Hyland Park: Robins, Eastern Bluebirds, Eastern Phoebe, a possible flock of 7 Fox Sparrows (big sparrows, reddish, streaks), and a medium sized raptor with a long tail and white rump (N.Harrier?). The frogs were singing quite loudly.

I'm trying to learn more bird songs and as I'm playing the song of the Dark-eyed Junco, one of the birds in the backyard is singing the same song.

In the neighborhood, I saw 3 mud turtles sunning themselves on a log, 9 deer, and my first crocus.